Recipes for people with Parkinson’s: Carrot & Miso Soup with Silken Tofu
A vegan friendly soup recipe that freezes well.
- 1 kg Carrots Peeled & Chopped
- 1 large Onion Diced
- 1.5 tsp Grated Fresh Ginger
- 3 cloves Garlic Crushed
- 1 litre Vegetable Stock
- 4 tbsp White Miso
- 200gm Silken Tofu
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- Coconut cream & additional sesame oil for garnishing (or extra virgin olive oil)
- Blender or Stick Blender
- Sauté onions, garlic, ginger and carrots in sesame oil until onions are translucent. Add in vegetable stock, cover and simmer for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add in white miso and silken tofu and blend using your modification tool of choice, adding more stock or water as needed (or alternatively coconut cream.) Add salt and pepper to taste.
Note – if requiring thickened fluids add in medically prescribed thickening agent during step 2.
Ladle into serving bowls and serve with a drizzle of sesame or extra virgin olive oil and a touch of coconut cream.
I hope you enjoy making and eating this Carrot & Miso Soup with Silken Tofu recipe! This recipe is courtesy of texturedfoods.com
Click here to check out another great vegan recipe – Creamy spinach sweet potato noodles with cashew sauce! Yum.