Recipes for people with Parkinson’s
Carrot & Miso Soup with Silken Tofu
A vegan friendly soup that freezes well & is fortified with silken tofu for added protein!
- 1 kg Carrots Peeled & Chopped
- 1 large Onion Diced
- 1.5 tsp Grated Fresh Ginger
- 3 cloves Garlic Crushed
- 1 L Vegetable Stock
- 4 tbsp White Miso
- 200gm Silken Tofu
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- coconut cream & additional sesame oil for garnishing
- Blender or Stick Blender
- Sauté onions, garlic, ginger & carrots in sesame oil until onions are translucent. Add in vegetable stock, cover and simmer for 30 min stirring occasionally.
- Add in white miso and silken tofu and blend using your modification tool of choice, adding more stock or water as needed (or alternatively coconut cream.) Add salt and pepper to taste. Note – If requiring thickened fluids add in medically prescribed thickened agent in during step 2.
- Ladle into serving bowls and serve with a drizzle of sesame or olive oil & a touch of coconut cream.
Recipe courtesy of texturedfoods.com