Recipes for people with Parkinson’s
Beetroot and cashew puree
- 250 grams fresh Beetroot
- 60 grams unsalted Cashews
- Extra virgin Olive Oil
- Stick blender with chopper attachment or a food processor
- Place whole beetroots into the bottom level of a bench top or cooktop steamer. Place cashews in the steaming basket above and cook until beetroot is tender.
- Remove beetroot skins and place into the stick blender chopper/food processor along with the steamed cashews, salt and pepper & a drizzle of olive oil then blitz until smooth. Note– when blitzing, stop regularly to scrape down the sides of the processor or chopping attachment, drizzle more olive oil if mixture appears too dry.
- Pass mixture through a sieve to ensure all hard, grainy particles are removed.
- Using a touch of lemon infused olive oil works very well in this recipe if you have it available.
Recipe courtesy of texturedfoods.com