Recipes for people with Parkinson’s:
Creamy spinach sweet potato noodles with cashew sauce recipe (Serves 4-6) is easy to make and is gluten free and vegan.
- This recipe caught my eye for people with Parkinson’s.
- The sweet potato has been used in a fun way in this recipe which I love. Sweet potatoes are a good source of potassium and the antioxidants beta carotene and vitamin C as well as being high in fibre! Eating an adequate amount of fibre is one strategy to help manage and prevent constipation. Sweet potatoes also have a lower glycaemic index (GI) than regular potatoes and as you can see in this recipe are quite a versatile ingredient.
- I also love how they have used cashews as part of this recipe! Cashews are a powerhouse of vitamins, minerals and other beneficial nutrients including the antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin. Cashews are also rich in healthy fats and have a lovely buttery taste. And like sweet potato, cashews are also a very versatile ingredient.
- Spinach is a green leafy vegetable that is such an easy ingredient to cook with and contains antioxidants which fight oxidative stress and help reduce the damage it causes.
- To learn how to make Creamy spinach sweet potato noodles with cashew sauce be sure to check out the full details at Pinch of Yum.
I hope you enjoy making and eating this recipe which is courtesy of pinchofyum.com
Click here to check out another great vegan recipe – Carrot & Miso Soup with Silken Tofu! Delicious.